Egg diet is now actively discussed online, but before using this method of weight loss, you should not only go to a specialist for an individual recommendation, but also try to understand for yourself the benefits, effectiveness and safety ofits (and for a start - of course, in that, does it really have at least one of the concepts listed).
Eggs have become part of every person's daily life. Someone prefers to eat breakfast with boiled or fried eggs, someone uses them for dinner with herbs, and someone completely composes their diet from them.
The egg diet is a quick and temporary weight loss approach based on extremely low carbohydrate intake. Osama Hamdiy - the professor who developed a new formula for nutrition, called his system "chemical", but in the network became known as "eggs". It consists of the following: eggs become the main ingredient on the menu, and you can diversify your diet with lean meats and fish, vegetables and fruits.
This type of diet was originally created for people with diabetes. Later, it became clear that by adhering to such a diet, you can also quickly get rid of excess pounds (though not for long). The network claims that this diet is most effective for those people whose weight exceeds 100 kilograms.
The most popular version of this approach is the Maggi diet. According to one legend, it was created specifically for Margaret Thatcher. However, there is no evidence for this. Eggs have long been considered a staple in many diets. This happened due to the peculiarities of egg white, which is absorbed by the body more than 95%.
The essence of the egg diet
This type of food restriction is not a mono-diet, meaning the patient does not have to limit himself to eggs. You can safely add citrus fruits (especially grapefruit) to the menu, as well as a large number of vegetables and other products.
The diet works like this: It takes energy to process proteins. It comes from carbohydrates. If they come from outside in insufficient quantities, the body receives energy from its internal reserves. Thus, for muscle work and protein breakdown, it begins to process fat. This diet, like most others, is not intended for constant weight maintenance. Most often it is calculated for a certain period, which does not exceed one month.
Express options are suitable for quickly losing no more than 2-3 pounds of weight, which then return almost faster than they were destroyed.
The content of the main nutrients in chicken eggs, %
100 grams of chicken protein contains about 7. 5 grams of carbohydrates. In one portion, you get no more than 30 kilocalories, which is roughly equal to 9% of the required energy consumed per day.
If we consider the composition of a chicken egg, we will take the following:
- fat content = 0%;
- protein content = approximately 80%;
- carbohydrates = 7. 5%.
Chicken eggs, contrary to popular belief, do not contain cholesterol and trans fats. 100 grams of chicken protein will provide the body with more than 105% of its daily value, while the fat content will be 0, and carbohydrates - only 3% of the same rate.
Eggs are an optimal source of protein, which is perfectly absorbed by the body. However, solubility also depends on the degree of processing of the product.
For example, raw eggs are only 50% soluble. And only when they are heated can the solubility be increased to 92%. At the same time, you should not boil or fry them for a long time; for best result, it is recommended to cook with fried eggs or cook gently boiled.
What is a diet egg and how does it differ from a table?
A diet egg differs from an ordinary egg only in its shelf life. If a canteen or any other can be stored for up to 25 days, then the shelf life of a diet egg will not exceed one week. There are no other differences (for example, according to BDU) between these products.
How much weight can you lose?
According to people who adhere to this diet, for 4 weeks they were able to get rid of 10-12 pounds. Also, many people who lose weight claim that such a diet has a lasting effect, but behind it it is impossible to look at eggs and citrus fruits: after all, they make up the bulk of the diet.
Opinions of doctors and nutritionists
The opinions of doctors, nutritionists are not as enthusiastic as those of people who are far from online medicine. From a medical point of view, such a diet is considered a protein diet, which is why many professionals consider this diet unbalanced. Even given the fact that the menu is varied, it can not be called accurate. Doctors say that in the absence of complex fats and carbohydrates, the body can be oversaturated with protein. In this case, the person losing weight has the following symptoms: headache, weakness, nausea, tremors in the body, fainting. This is all due to the lack of carbohydrates, which "regularly" give the body energy and protein becomes just an alternative to its production.
Experts are very careful about this technique, as with this type of food, the BJU balance suffers, which negatively affects the body. Lack of fat affects the functioning of the central nervous system, and also causes the weakening of the immune system. People who adhere to this type of diet noticed the appearance of nervousness, headache.
Benefits of the egg diet
The egg diet is considered one of the few in which there is no constant feeling of hunger. You can not count the calories in it, constantly limiting yourself to food.
Other pluses include:
- ease of cooking;
- fast results;
- trace elements that are in the composition of eggs can positively affect the quality of hair growth, nails, skin condition;
- the body quickly gets used to small portions and simple foods.
However, this way of eating has disadvantages and even contraindications.
Contraindications to the egg diet
The list of approved products may change slightly. It all just depends on the duration of the diet: it will be a week, two or a month.
Despite the simplicity of the diet, it has a number of strict rules:
- it is forbidden to change the order of food, i. e. you can not eat lunch for dinner or vice versa;
- it is forbidden to remove or add any food throughout the diet;
- it is necessary to remove sugar, mayonnaise and sweets from the diet;
- drinking alcoholic beverages is also strictly forbidden;
- the amount of water consumed should be increased;
- in case of breaking something forbidden, it is better to start the diet again. It will be useless to continue it.
It should be borne in mind that rapid weight loss can cause a worsening of chronic diseases, so you should approach any technique carefully.
List of approved products
- chicken eggs or quail. 3 quail eggs = 1 chicken;
- all citrus fruits are allowed in unlimited quantities. Among other fruits, preference should be given to non-caloric varieties: for example, peach, pear, melon, pineapple or apple;
- meat, lean chicken;
- low-fat fish varieties. These include cod, pollock or tuna;
- vegetables will be a great addition to the egg diet. For example, carrots, cabbage, eggplants, beans, peas, beans are also allowed;
- any greens - dill, parsley, onion or garlic - can be used as a spice;
- It also has a high protein content in cheese; for example, 100 grams of cheese will have almost 25 grams of protein, while eggs will have this number in the range 10-12 grams;
- any herbal infusion is allowed from beverages (of course without sugar). You can use kefir, but always without fat.
If cheese appears on the menu, then preference should be given to soft varieties and all salty varieties should be set aside.
Products completely or partially limited
It is best to completely exclude salt, pepper, spices, sauces from the diet.
It is worth limiting the consumption of the following foods:
- legumes; despite the fact that they are not banned, they should be used with caution. For example, a few tablespoons of beans would be a good addition to chicken meat;
- bakery products. You can make yourself a toast or a piece of bread once a week;
- cheese is also one of the foods that should be consumed carefully. You can consume about 20 grams of feta cheese, feta cheese or Adyghe cheese a day;
- consumption of sweet vegetables - for example, beets or corn - should also be minimized;
- it is better to limit the consumption of fruits that are not too sweet.
List of forbidden foods
- fruits with high sugar content. It is worth giving up figs, mangoes, grapes and bananas;
- canned vegetables;
- pasta, cakes;
- cereal grains, even if boiled in water;
- sausages and fatty meats such as pork, duck or lamb;
- milk, kefir is thicker than 2. 5%. Cottage cheese should not be thicker than 5%;
- any carbonated drinks with sugar.
During the diet period, the body is under stress, so you should not give it an extra load in the form of alcohol.
Egg diet for 7 days
A weekly diet allows you to quickly get rid of excess pounds. Biotin, which is found in eggs, is responsible for the fat burning process. The variety of products allows you to not experience severe stress while losing weight. The cost of products will not exceed 2-2, 5 thousand rubles. According to those who lose weight using this technique, you can lose up to 5 pounds. Some doctors advise you to adhere to such a diet every six months.
The seven-day diet menu is subject to change. Here is one of the countless examples.
Detailed menu (optional)
Breakfast throughout the week will not change much. In the morning, it is better to eat an egg, 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, citrus. The drink can be diluted fresh juice, coffee or tea without milk and sugar.
Further, the diet will be set excluding breakfasts.
- Lunch can consist of 2 eggs, a tomato or other vegetables. You can make herbal tea;
- For dinner, you can eat 1 egg, grapefruit or orange, create herbal infusion. You can dilute the diet with a carrot vinaigrette, beets, 1 potato. The salad does not need to be oily spices.
- For lunch, you can eat fruit, but only one type. It could be 2 apples, an orange or a grapefruit.
- Dinner can consist of boiled beef, a serving of oil-free vegetable salad.
- Lunch: skinless boiled chicken fillet, sugar-free green tea. You can also allow yourself to eat a piece of bread once a week.
- Dinner: 100-150 grams of lean fish, small grapefruit.
- Lunch: steam the minced meatballs with a little fat, add the cauliflower.
- Dinner: 2 eggs, 150 grams of fish, oil-free vegetable salad.
- Lunch: 2 eggs, any salad without oil. For example, you can make a salad with carrots, cucumbers and green apples. All ingredients should be finely chopped with a knife or grind.
- Dinner: steamed fish, garnish with tomato and spinach salad. You can also eat 1 orange.
- Lunch: any fruit from the allowed list, but only one type. For example, 2 apples or a small orange.
- Dinner: any kind of vegetable salad. For example, pepper, spinach, tomatoes.
- Lunch: cook 150-200 grams of skinless chicken fillets, steamed vegetables.
- Dinner: You can make steamed cauliflower, broccoli. Grapefruit, orange.
Egg diet for 2 weeks
The egg diet for 2 weeks makes it possible to lose almost 10 kilograms of excess weight. The feeling of hunger in this type of food may be present only in the first 2-3 days. At this time, the body is just restructuring, getting used to the new regime.
Two-week diet breakfasts depend solely on weight loss choices. It is best to eat a small grapefruit, orange or other citrus for breakfast. 1-2 hard-boiled eggs, black tea or coffee without milk, sugar. Can be replaced with a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
The menu for the second week can be as follows:
|Monday||200 grams of lean meat can be cooked or steamed. Vegetable salad.||2 soft-boiled eggs, one citrus.|
|Tuesday||150-200 grams of fish (for example, pollock), salad of any vegetables.||200-250 milliliters of fat-free kefir, oil-free vinaigrettes, beans and pickles.|
|Wednesday||150 grams of cottage cheese, the percentage of fat is not more than 5, steamed vegetables.||Vegetable salad with boiled meat.|
|Thursday||Boil or bake a skinless chicken leg, vegetables.||Eggs, cucumber or tomato.|
|Friday||Lean meats can be steamed with vegetables, an apple, a pear or an orange.||150 grams of fish, tomatoes with onions or garlic.|
|Saturday||100-150 grams of low-fat cheese, 1 toast, vegetables.||One type of any fruit, in unlimited quantities.|
|Sunday||Boiled meat with vegetable salad, apple or plum.||You can make a zucchini stew by adding a little peas (not canned), carrots. 2 boiled eggs, oranges or other citrus fruits.|
Egg diet for 3 and 4 weeks
A long-term diet can negatively affect health, therefore, in case of signs of illness, you should stop immediately and seek help from a specialist immediately. This way of eating causes a lot of stress on the body, so the result may not meet expectations.
From the 3rd week, the diet changes completely. Every day you can eat only 1-2 products from the list of allowed ones. At the same time, eggs are excluded, and the main emphasis on the menu is on vegetables, fruits, fish or meat.
A detailed menu for week 3 might look like this:
- Monday: For breakfast, you can eat any fruit from the list of allowed fruits. Prohibited: bananas, grapes, mangoes, dates. Throughout the day, you can eat the same foods you ate for breakfast.
- Tuesday: in the morning you can cook steamed vegetables (only potatoes are forbidden), any vegetable salad. There are also vegetables for lunch and dinner.
- Wednesday: all day long you can eat any fruits, vegetables in unlimited quantities.
- Thursday: During the day, you can eat lean fish with steamed vegetables.
- Friday: Boil or cook a lean type of meat, at lunch and in the evening, it is better to give preference to vegetables.
- Saturday / Sunday: for these days, you can choose one type of fruit allowed - and eat it without restrictions.
Week 4 is the most difficult period in the diet, here more strict restrictions appear. The foods listed below should be eaten throughout the day, in any quantity. It is strictly forbidden to exclude or add anything to the menu.
- Monday: 200 grams of any lean meat, you can cook it in any way, for example, boil or bake. Oil-free canned tuna, 3-4 tomatoes, a small orange or other citrus.
- Tuesday: almost no different from the diet on Monday, only citrus can be replaced with some other fruit.
- Wednesday: 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, toast for rye bread, any vegetables, citrus fruits.
- Thursday: 200 grams of chicken fillets, tomatoes, cucumbers, some kind of any fruit allowed.
- Friday: hard-boiled eggs (not more than 2 pieces), 3-4 tomatoes, any boiled vegetables, an orange.
- Saturday: 200 grams of boiled or steamed chicken, 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, low-fat kefir, oranges or grapefruit.
- Sunday: cottage cheese, tuna without butter, a slice of rye bread, oranges, grapefruit.
Leaving the egg diet
Diets are always stressful for the body, so they need to end correctly. A sharp transition to the usual type of diet almost always becomes the reason for the return of excess weight. There are some universal rules that will help you get out of the diet without harming your health. First, familiar foods should be gradually introduced into the diet. So the risk of stomach overload is minimized.
Second, 7 days after the diet, it is worth continuing to eat those foods that were the basis of the diet. Eggs, chicken, fish and vegetables can not be completely excluded from the menu.
Third, flour, sweets should be added to the menu gradually, 2 weeks after the end of the diet.
Also, do not forget about water, it is simply necessary to maintain a water balance. Proper nutrition after a diet will keep the result for a while.
Results of egg diets
The internet is full of good reviews for this weight loss method. Girls argue that overweight really disappears quickly, that throughout the diet period you can lose up to 20 pounds, some sometimes write that their previous fat does not return to them at all immediately, even when you switch from this diet to the previous diet, the ideal form that someone ostensibly stays for a long time.
Of course, "online reviews" do not reflect the true nature of the egg diet. In fact, few people manage to lose 15-20 pounds in 3-4 weeks. For the entire course, only 2-3 extra pounds can be lost, which will happily be returned soon after its completion. In addition, it is quite difficult to cope with such a period and any interruption of the process means that the whole course has to start from the beginning.
In general, as always when discussing diets, the issue of preserving the weight loss results achieved by conscious dietary restrictions comes to the fore. But when this need translates into the habit plan, it ceases to be a problem. So why smother hated eggs and grapefruits week after week in order to see your previous numbers on the scales after the same number of weeks, when, thanks to psychotherapeutic methods, you can gain the habit of eating right for the rest of your lifeupcoming?
Summarizing the above, remember that diet is always an individual process. Without going through a preliminary examination with a doctor, it is impossible to say in advance what results you will have in the infamous weeks 1-4 and how these egg experiments will affect overall health, so any thoughts about limiting yourself toyour usual diet is first best discussed with a specialist.