Yoga is a method of sustainable and healthy weight loss, instead of regular strength exercises coupled with grueling diets. By starting to practice yoga, you can not only lose extra pounds, but also completely change your approach to life by giving up bad habits.
Basic rules of yoga
To start studying actively, you first need to know a few things:
- Yoga classes can replace exercise, but if you can not find time in the morning, you can postpone them to the evening, for example, from 19: 00 to 20: 00. The main thing is, if you want to achieve good data in the shortest time possible, you need to practice every day.
- When girls are menstruating for the first 3 days, it is advisable to stop exercising. And in the future, continue the program at least (without twisting and complicated asanas). Already at the end of the "days" you can get back on track.
- Poses should be performed in the most comfortable outfits. If for fitness you most often need tight clothing, then here you can be absolutely on the "free flight" by choosing an underwear or some light knitted clothing.
- Sneakers and sneakers in yoga are inappropriate, as the classes aim at developing the feet and feeling the strength of the feet from toe to toe. So be barefoot in socks.
- In yoga, there are almost no special equipment for classes. Typically, you will need a yoga mat or mattress, a support block and a belt. Recent items are most often requested by beginners.
- Support blocks in the form of "bricks" made of wood (most often) are needed to perform complex asanas so as not to hurt, and with the lack of flexibility of the lower back, "enter"asana gradually - first leaning on the blocks, and then descending down
- A belt is required when there is no necessary stretching and for performing asanas in order to gently stretch the arms and legs.
Abdominal slimming yoga
Almost every woman suffers from a stomach - it is either too round, or the suffering is caused by sagging skin after giving birth. There are solutions to every problem in yoga, moreover, if you do exercises regularly, the result will become visible within a week.
Before doing the exercises, a warm-up is required to prepare the body for new loads. Each position should be fixed for at least one minute, perform 2 ways.
Maximum Stretching Poses or Uttanasana
Ideal exercise that works specifically for the abdominal muscles:
- Standing exactly as you inhale, raise your arms, stretch your spine, and as you exhale, gently sit on your feet, as if folded into a rectangle.
- Feel the whole body, press (stomach should be retracted) and adjust position.
- To get out of the pose, inhale and slowly rise to the original position, but now with your hands down.
An exercise that acts directly as an active fat burner in the abdomen. In addition, by performing an asana, you tone the whole body:
- Sit on the mattress with your legs bent at the knees.
- Take a deep breath and pull your back straight back, about 60 degrees. If you do the exercise yourself, it is best to check yourself in front of a mirror so that your back does not round during the asana.
- As you exhale, lift your feet off the floor and run slowly until your toes are at eye level. The hands should extend parallel to the floor and adjust the position.
Staff Position or Bottom Support
An asana that helps activate all body keys to fight fat deposits in the waist area. This improves posture and strengthens the muscles of the arms and legs:
- Lie on your stomach, get ready to support with your hands.
- As you exhale, stand up slowly, leaning on your palms and feet. In this case, the hands, fingers and palms should hold your body firmly, that is, they should be "pressed" to the floor (mat) as much as possible.
- Adjust the position.
- Get out of the asana smoothly, not at the end of your strength, but feeling the important work of the press. Take a deep breath in and out - relax for a few minutes.
This asana activates your abdominal muscles:
- Stand up straight and slowly as you exhale, sit with emphasis on your hands.
- Spread your fingers wide, lean on them and on your palms, forming a triangle in this pose.
- The abdominal muscles should be pulled, the back as straight as possible: in this position, there is a particularly pleasant tension in the shoulders, shoulders and abdomen.
- Exit the pose by moving your palms slightly towards your feet. Lift slowly, first forming a 90 degree angle and then return to the starting position.
Excellent "study" of the press, back muscles, back of the thigh:
- Lie on your stomach, spread your arms back and squeeze into the lock (or you can keep them parallel to the floor).
- Stretch your arms back and legs up. Beginners can use the walls as supports to raise the legs as high as possible.
- When performing this exercise, the buttocks should be squeezed, the neck should not be strained and most importantly, the tension in the press, back, arms and legs.
- The moment you reach the "apogee" of your skills, pause for a minute and relax, returning to the starting position.
Works great for abscesses, groin and glute:
- Lie on your stomach, relax.
- Place your palms around your ankles and stretch as much as possible. Feel the tension in your abdomen, arms, legs and thighs.
- Adjust the position for one minute and repeat 3 times with a 10 second break.
This stretch is great after an asana cycle and for strengthening your back and abdomen. Lying on your stomach, stand up on your arms (hands should be under your shoulders) and lie down.
In this exercise, it is very important not to tilt your head too far back or widen your lower back. You need to look up and feel the stretch, as this behavior is often final - relaxing.
The position can be adjusted from 30 seconds to 1 minute and repeated 3 times with a break of 5 seconds.
By performing these exercises, you can remove excess fat from the abdomen and sides, but yoga is not limited to this - it is universal, as almost every exercise involves not only the abdominal muscles, but also the legs, arms orback, which allows you to bring your body into a plastic, flexible state.
Stretch your legs and hips with yoga
Every woman tries not only to reduce the volume in the thigh area, but also to fight the problems of the inner side of the thigh, which without development very quickly become soft, appear cellulite or "ears". The following yoga asanas will solve such problems by making the hips tense and elastic.
Asana, which actively works with the muscles of the buttocks and legs, actively stretching the muscles of the back:
- Put your feet together.
- As you inhale, raise your arms and fold your palms.
- Start collecting slowly as you exhale. You need to remind yourself of a spring that has come together.
- Stretches slowly to return to its original position.
No need to bring yourself to shake your legs - you can do the exercise in 30 seconds for 3 sets. So it contributes a lot to the formation of a beautiful hip line and the burning of calories.
In yoga, the main thing is to work on relaxation. When you can breathe evenly for a minute during exercise, it means that your muscles are already becoming more plastic and supple, and you will soon see the result!
Ideal for following chair position:
- Lie on the floor and relax.
- Bend your knees and place your feet near your pelvis.
- As you exhale, raise your pelvis off the floor so that your knees form a 90-degree angle. The buttocks should be stretched, like the abdominal muscles, and the arms and neck should not be tense, holding the "construction" of the shoulders and head.
- Lock the position for one minute.
- Lower your hips to the floor and then your legs.
Falling dogs with variations
Asanas are often completed or complicated. This is just a complicated version of "dog" as leg muscle work is activated here:
- Form a "triangle" with your body, becoming in the "dog down" position: on the breath, on one side, lean on the hands (and not only the palms are supporting, but also the fingers), on the sidenext - on the toes. . .
- Once you have adjusted your breathing position, lift one leg first, then the other. Record each leg raise for at least 15 seconds.
Asana has many interpretations. The other "pumps" the whole body and also works on the waist as much as possible:
- Stand up straight and do maximum momentum on your right leg. In this case, both feet should be stable - you should feel the feet and toes.
- Once you realize that you are standing upright, adjust your position and, as you exhale, raise your arms up, folding your palms.
- Lie up - stomach should be pulled, muscles tense.
- When leaving the asana, lower your arms, straighten your support leg, and return to the starting position.
Pose of the Goddesses
Maximizes the beauty of your thighs and fat burning in this area:
- Spread your legs so that your thighs are parallel to the floor and your knees are directly above your ankles.
- The arms should be bent at the elbows 90 degrees and the palms should be open and raised.
- Adjust the position and feel that the tension from the legs is distributed throughout the body, the stomach pulls.
- Stay in the pose for 30 seconds to a minute, then straighten your legs and join.
Eagle Warrior 3 Pose
To do this exercise, you need endurance in your legs and feet. The pose works well for the muscles of the legs and thighs. Therefore, if you are a beginner yogi, then after you have gained strength in the feet and toes, you should master this exercise, as it is an excellent fat burner:
- Standing on the mattress, lean forward at a 90-degree angle.
- Knit the arms together.
- Slowly lift one leg first and adjust the position for at least 15 seconds, then the other leg with the clamp.
- Give yourself 5 seconds to rest and repeat the exercises 2 more times.
Alternatively, you can use a leg slimming diet as well as strength training. Such an integrated approach will help to quickly achieve the harmony of female legs.
Exercises with Denise Austin
Denise Austin has developed an author's method to lose weight with yoga, which works perfectly. And it helps not only to lose weight, but also to work for the result of rejuvenating your body.
There are 4 parts to Denise's training program:
- A set of yoga exercises aimed at burning excess pounds and performing a Wellness procedure for the gastrointestinal tract.
- Exercise the muscles of the legs, hips and buttocks. Exercise will strengthen your problem areas and displace cellulite.
- Working on the abdominal muscles is a difficult area and Denise uses a fitball to be more effective (see also - exercises on a fitball).
- Final relaxation. All the processes started during the workout should be consolidated and the muscles should have a well-deserved rest.
Combining strength yoga with fitness exercises is a winning opportunity for weight loss and fast toning. It is necessary to perform this exercise 3 times a week to maintain the "effect", and for an active fight with excess pounds, you can increase their number and do it every other day.
Such a weight loss program takes you an hour of your time, and exactly hitting the asanas corrects the figure and leads it to perfection in the shortest time possible.
Yoga is not only a way to relax and be accepted, but it is an opportunity to keep your body in its original shape without using additional physical training equipment. Allocating 30-60 minutes every day, at home, you can guarantee yourself the perfect shape.